Thursday, February 8, 2018

The Follow-Through

This post is full of sports metaphors because I am an athlete now.

(I'm not.)

BUT!

I did see a Sports Therapy Doctor.

Who referred me to a FANCY Sports Care Center.

Which is IN:

THE TIMBERS STADIUM.

OK maybe adjacent? Attached?  Either way...It's basically a windowed office that looks out onto the field. And the parking lot was under construction so it had FREE VALET today. I am the fanciest. Well okay it didn't feel that fancy dropping off my filthy minivan but OH WELL.

Most importantly, I liked my PT and she seems to understand the human body and how I f-ed mine up royally and what to do to fix it.

ALSO!

I got a GIANT SHOT in my HIP!

It was not that giant. I told my (pregnant) doctor that it was not as bad as the epidural and also that the epidural was not that bad. And then my hip got numb for four hours and I went to go do my Barre DVD but it broke inside my DVD player and so I improvised.

FYI: Barre3 is my FAAAAVORITE mom exercise and I love it so much and recommend it and, no, they don't pay me to say this stuff, but, Sadie Lincoln, call me and you can pay me to say stuff!

When I was done pretending to be a ballerina, I mopped my floor because that is really the true test of the shot's potential effectiveness.

Maybe the shot worked? Hard to tell because there's so much other BS going on in my lower limb region. Anyway, I'm gonna keep on keeping on.

This didn't have enough sports metaphors. Um. Touchdown.

🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈

No comments:

Post a Comment