Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Take Care of Yourself! Part 2

Ok so the stunning details of PART 1 chronicled my attempts to be a grown-up through medical care.

NOW! CUE MAKEOVER MONTAGE!



Ok don't get too excited.

Let's just dye my hair. And cut it. That's easy, right?

NOPE.

STEP 1: Schedule that shit!

1. I scheduled my hair cut weeks in advance.

STEP 2: CUT THAT HAIR!

1. It is the day of my haircut.
2. I showed up to my appointment after telling everyone and their mom I was GETTING A HAIRCUT TODAY!
3. My stylist didn't SHOW!
4. Turns out she'd written the wrong date down and wasn't even at the salon.
5. In a rage, I schedule another appointment with a new stylist.
6. I show up to the new appointment and sit down and start telling her all I want to do when she interrupts me to tell me she only scheduled me for a cut, not a cut and color and that she only has time to do the cut. I spin in my head! How dare she mess this up! I am pretty FUCKING SURE I TOLD HER! But also, shouldn't she confirm that because I'm a woman scheduling an appointment in the middle of the weekday. Chances are I have grey hair!
7. I leave the appointment because I don't want half a haircut. Later that day is when my doctor no-showed me and I feel as if I have upset my karma somehow or perhaps was cursed by someone...I burn some sage (I do not.)
8. I feel super mega guilty and also embarrassed because I'm sure I came off in not my best light by nearly crying and then skulking out of the salon.
9. My original stylist has been texting me, feeling really bad about messing up so I give her another shot.
10. The night before my new appointment, my daughter seems like maybe she's getting sick. I put her to bed and bemoan how I'm probably not going to get a haircut.
11. In the morning, she's fine. Back to normal (kinda...she's very...unique)
12. Send her to school! Go to work! GO TO MY HAIRCUT!
13. GET A FUCKING HAIRCUT
14. As I pay for my haircut, a text comes in. My daughter spiked a fever at school and I need to go fetch her.
15. SURE NO PROBLEM BECAUSE I HAVE FRESH HAIIIIIIRS!

OMG YAAAAAY SUCESSSSSSSSSS

Was that so hard? Yeah. Kinda was.

No comments:

Post a Comment